The Accountant will be expected to participate in the month end close process, maintain effective pricing and costing processes, run and distribute daily, weekly and monthly management reports. This person plays a key role in the accounting function, customer pricing, reporting, balance sheet rec’s and variance analysis. In addition, the candidate will support the month end close process helping to ensure key Sox control documents are current and all GL reconciliations are completed on time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete month-end balance sheet reconciliations and prepare necessary adjustments.
- Full cycle accounting in a multi-company, multi-currency environment
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly sales, cost and variance reports to support KPI.
- Calculating and Tracking price changes and communicating price changes to customer service.
- Assist with preparing quotes for potential new customers.
- Monitor inventory levels for all operations to ensure accurate reporting.
- Perform profitability analysis on existing products and customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that system prices are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all SOX control documents are signed off and ready for audit purposes
- Participate in quarterly review & annual financial audits
- Ad-HOC analysis and reporting to senior management.
- Ensure all Capital asset expenditures are approved and compared to budget
- Maintain documentation & review revenue & expenses related to progress billing tooling projects
- Duties as required.
- CPA Designation attained or working towards
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, commerce or business
- 2-7 years’ experience preferably in manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP & SOX accounting principles and controls
- Pro-active individual capable of working independently to identify and solve problems.
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills is critical
- Ability to extract data via odbc connection to ERP System
- Proficiently create pivot tables
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
Problem Solving – Strives to understands contributing factors, works to resolve complex situations
Analytical Thinking – Able to break problem down into components, reviewing facts, seeking possible causes and possible consequences; refers to variety of sources for data; remains objective without introducing personal bias
Productivity – Manages workload, works efficiently, meets goals and objectives
Ethics – Honest, accountable, maintains confidentiality
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibility: Not at this time
Work Environment: This job operates in a production manufacturing environment however the role is in an office setting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Typically M-F day shift.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Candidates will be contacted directly NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About Horizon Plastics International
Horizon Plastics International has a winning culture for passionate people and high performers who want to achieve in a team based environment. From the outset, flexibility, responsiveness and innovation have been the vision and commitment. The goal of the company is to employ bright, interesting people who work together on new and exciting projects to find innovative and better ways of doing things for our customers.
At Horizon Plastics International, spirit, passion and integrity for quality work are the traits most valued. If you appreciate an environment that fosters engagement and empowerment, fairness and respect, and poses an unyielding desire to succeed, we’d love to hear from you.