This role is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the operating system server environment and installing system software upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing and coordination. Primarily accountable for performing workstation and server administration set up while coordinating disk space planning and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and install all network attached equipment at the facility
- Maintain software and hardware on desktops, including Office software, Anti -Virus, PC Management
- Support unique systems such as local MRP/ERP, PM system, Time & attendance system, Quality, Door and card access systems
- Ability to evaluate IT needs for users
- Ensure licensed software is used in the facility
- Inform Corporate IT of any issues/concerns
- Troubleshoot and solve office desktop problems
- Act as the “face of IT” providing day to day support
- Complete assignments from the Help desk efficiently and effectively within assigned priority
- Collaborate to monitor and manage LAN/WAN networks
- Assist in Special projects as appropriate
- Create knowledge base documentation & step by step manuals where necessary
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Post secondary education in computer sciences preferred
- 1-2 years experience in a help desk environment or IT role
- Competency in core Microsoft Office system products
- Understanding of basic networking (IP addresses, DHCP, DNS, Access Points, Network cables)
- Experience troubleshooting hardware, printers and software issues
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are essential to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and Problem solving/Decision making ability
- Reports to Network Administrator
- Position supports 24×7 Operation, therefore flexibility in scheduling, and on call availability required.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Candidates will be contacted directly NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About Horizon Plastics International
Horizon Plastics International has a winning culture for passionate people and high performers who want to achieve in a team based environment. From the outset, flexibility, responsiveness and innovation have been the vision and commitment. The goal of the company is to employ bright, interesting people who work together on new and exciting projects to find innovative and better ways of doing things for our customers.
At Horizon Plastics International, spirit, passion and integrity for quality work are the traits most valued. If you appreciate an environment that fosters engagement and empowerment, fairness and respect, and poses an unyielding desire to succeed, we’d love to hear from you.