The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for the day to day leadership of the shift maintenance team to keep all production output equipment in optimal repair, maintained in a safe and timely manner while supporting production processes. Oversees the day to day functions of Nozzle and Set up departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and directs the work and projects of plant maintenance employees and outside contractors as required
- Ensures that maintenance / setup employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that maintenance and set up programs can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the department.
- Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates & carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Coordinates activities with plant to minimize impact on production.
- Maintains the work order program
- Utilizes ERP as required
- Supports QMS and ongoing Continuous Improvement
- Wears any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the Company; report to a manager or supervisor any known missing or defective equipment, protective device or known workplace hazard that may be dangerous to any worker and do not use or operate any equipment or work in a way that may endanger himself/herself or any other employee
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a similar role with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Millwright or Electrician trade designation preferred
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous management experience within a unionized environment
- Seasoned planning and project management with the availability to prepare for and oversee seasonal shutdown periods
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced team environment
- Positive and professional attitude under pressure
- Proven track record of punctuality and dependability
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Computer proficiency with Micro soft applications and database analysis
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Candidates will be contacted directly NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About Horizon Plastics International
Horizon Plastics International has a winning culture for passionate people and high performers who want to achieve in a team based environment. From the outset, flexibility, responsiveness and innovation have been the vision and commitment. The goal of the company is to employ bright, interesting people who work together on new and exciting projects to find innovative and better ways of doing things for our customers.
At Horizon Plastics International, spirit, passion and integrity for quality work are the traits most valued. If you appreciate an environment that fosters engagement and empowerment, fairness and respect, and poses an unyielding desire to succeed, we’d love to hear from you.